Summer break is right around the corner, meaning registration is now open for Play Tennis Gainesville’s Junior Summer Camp. The 8-week, Monday through Friday camp kicks off June 21, 2021.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer summer camp again this year at Play Tennis Gainesville,” says Head Tennis Pro Christopher Champion. “The Gainesville community has been incredibly supportive of our camps over the years, and we look forward to continue offering additional play opportunities for all.”
Juniors ages 6-14 will learn the fundamentals of tennis in a fun environment, supervised by USPTA Certified Professionals. Activities will include tennis instruction, drills, and games. All skill levels are welcome. Discounts are available with the purchase of multiples weeks and are highlighted below.
“We are entirely focused on our players being able to safely enjoy their experience both on and off the court,” adds Champion. “We hope to provide a summer camp that is not only educational, but also gives juniors a fun way to spend their summer break.”
Junior Summer Camp (Ages 6-14)
Half Day: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Full Day: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 8:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Check-in
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Warm-up
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Tennis Instruction/Drills
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Tennis Games
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch Break
- 1:00 p.m. – HALF DAY PICKUP
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Daily Group Sport Game
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Tennis Group Games
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Kid’s Choice of Games
- 3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Break
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Match Play or Tennis Games
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – FULL DAY MANDATORY PICKUP (late pickup fees will apply)
|*Discounts available: $5.00 discount for 2 weeks or more, $10.00 discount for 3 weeks or more, $15.00 discount for 4 weeks or more|
Refunds will be issued in the following capacities:
- If a camper has pre-paid and is not able to attend due to illness a full refund will be issued.
- If a camper becomes ill and leaves camp, a prorated refund or credit will be provided for any unused portion of the registration.
Parents and participants are asked to review the facility’s summer camp COVID guidelines and safe play guidelines for preparation, during play, and after play safety. These protocols have been carefully developed by USTA Florida and the USTA Florida Tennis Management Division to ensure compliance with state and local public health requirements.
For more details on Play Tennis Gainesville’s 2021 junior summer camp, please visit www.PlayTennisGainesville.com/Events.